Autumn is upon us, and the reasons to love this season are many. There's colorful foliage, warm and snuggly fall attire, football and of course, pumpkin spice everything. Fall is also a resplendent time of change - the leaves turn colors, the weather gets colder, school goes back in session, and all those wonderful family holidays are right around the corner.
With so much happening, fall is a time to inspire and be inspired. This season is an ideal time to change the message on your church sign, and there are all kinds of themes and wonderful ideas that you can use to create the perfect fall sign for your church. Whether you have an LED church sign or a changeable letter sign, you should check out these fall-themed ideas.
Fall Football Themes
For many people, fall is synonymous with football. Who doesn't love sitting in a stadium under those Friday night lights or cheering for your favorite college or pro team? There are lots of football-related words you can play with. To get inspired, think of something catchy with the words score or touchdown like the following:
- Jesus scored an eternal touchdown on Calvary!
- God offers new beginnings – Go Dolphins! (Or the team of your choice)
- Living without God's spirit is like trying to dribble a football.
- You always lose by playing games on the Lord's day — Join us on Sunday.
Fall is also the time of year when we turn the clocks back. Whether you love it or hate it, everyone gets an extra hour, and the days get shorter. Consider alluding to that spare hour or the concept of falling back with clever sayings on your church sign:
- Got an hour to spare? Meet us on Sunday.
- Why not fall back to church? Join us inside.
Leaves on Your Church Sign
God's beauty is on display with those brilliant splashes of red and gold. When people are out driving around to look at the fall colors, capture their attention with a play on the words leaf or leaves:
- Fall for Jesus! He is truly un-be-leaf-able!
- Fall leaves are beautiful! God's blessings are breathtaking!
- Autumn leaves, Jesus doesn't.
- Autumn leaves fall, but the son rises!
- God painted the scenery for you. Now, it's your turn.
The Bible has a lot to say about harvest time, and there are several analogies you can draw between planting the seeds of God's words and harvesting love and happiness. From a spiritual perspective, this can refer to people coming to Jesus Christ, but the harvest can also allude to the process of watering the seed of your Christianity and watching it grow. Consider including words such as harvest, reap, and sow on your fall church sign:
- Live within your harvest, reap what you sow.
- Are you part of God's harvest?
- It's harvest time, come gather with us.
- Adam and Eve picked the apple, but God picked you for his harvest.
Hunting for Faith
If you're in a small town or rural area, you may have a lot of hunters in your congregation. For many people, fall means putting on your camouflage and heading into the woods. How can you use the idea of hunting season in your sign? Explore the idea of hunting for salvation or God's grace:
- Hunting amazing grace? God's season is open 24/7 365 days a year.
- The deer might hide, but God's easy to find. Come inside and join us.
Back-to-School Church Signs
Fall is also the time when students head back to school. There is a lot of material to mine when it comes to back-to-school ideas. For these messages, you might want to include words like tests, school buses, backpacks, school supplies, and books:
- Don't forget to take Jesus back to school with you.
- God does test us, but they are open-book tests! Join us for Bible Study.
When November rolls around, many people also head to the election booths. Even if you don't want to get political, you can play around with the ideas of voting for God and choosing a spiritual path:
- The donkey and the elephant are fighting. Look to the Lamb for answers.
Let Your Creative Light Shine!
Hopefully, these ideas have sparked your creativity and given you the inspiration you need to create a great fall sign. If you're thinking about buying a new church sign or have questions, contact us directly. At Stewart Signs, we provide a variety of signs to churches, schools, municipalities, and more. We want to help you get your message into the community.